What is the hype around Salt Nicotine Vaping? You have probably been wondering what is it, how does it work, is It different from normal e-juice, what devices does it work with? Salt Nicotine is a new development in the vaping industry. First we need to understand the difference between traditional e-liquid and nicotine salt e-liquid.
Traditional e-juices are made with what is known as freebase nicotine. Freebase nicotine is in its purest form and is extremely potent when heated allowing for higher absorption rates than other types of nicotine. This type of nicotine has a high absorption rate and provides a harshness or throat hit at higher nicotine levels. It is also more volatile and has a shorter shelf life as it is less stable than other forms of nicotine. The pH of freebase nicotine makes a harsh vaping experience at higher nicotine levels, often making it difficult for smokers to transition successfully to vaping.
Salt Nicotine was developed by Pax Labs for use with their Juul cigalike e-cigarette. Pax created a new type of nicotine by adding benzoic acid to nicotine. This helps the salt nicotine to vaporize at lower temperatures and lowers the pH level for a smoother throat hit and makes the nicotine more easily absorbed by the body. This makes it possible to vape 50mg nicotine juices without being overly harsh.
Most Salt Nicotine e-liquids come in 30mg and 50mg strengths, though there are more e-juices available in the 0mg, 3mg and 6mg strengths more commonly seen in traditional vapor liquids for use in sub-ohm vaping gear. The lower nicotine content juices work the same as the high tech mods and starter kits and are just a little smoother and dryer tasting than traditional e-liquids.
Salt Nicotine Devices – There are 4 major types of vaping devices designed specifically for use with Nicotine Salt E-liquids.
- Closed Pod Systems – these are starter kits that have 2 major components, the battery body and the disposable cartridge or pod. The battery is rechargeable normally with a USB charging port and an internal lithium ion battery. The pod is prefilled with e-juice and coil. These vapor products normally are of low wattage and high resistance and offer a traditional cigarette experience. Most of these kits have a draw activated power so that inhaling through the mouth-piece activates the vaporizer. Closed Pod systems are some of the easiest to use no fuss vaping devices on the market. Most pods are available in packs of 4 or 5 and generally hold around 200 puffs. Once the pod is out of E-Liquid, just remove and throw it away. No worrying about coils or settings just plug and vape. Some of the more popular closed cigalike systems are the BO and BO+, the Phix, Kilo 1K, Zoor by 7 Daze, the Hangsen IQ and Hangsen IQ Level.
- Open Pod Systems – these are like the closed pod systems except that there are refillable pods available so that you can choose your own e-liquid to use with the system. This offers a wide variety of flavors and nicotine concentrations. Open pod systems offer a wider variety of shapes and sizes. There are traditional cigalike styles as well as card shaped devices with larger juice capacity. Examples of popular open pod systems are the Kado Stealth, Smok Rolo Badge, Suorin Air and Suorin Drop, J Well La Carte, Smok Fix, ELeaf iCare 2, Smoking Vapor Mi-Pod, Envii Fitt and many others.
- Disposable cigalikes – The disposable e-cigarette is an all in one vapor device with battery and cartridge in one piece. These are the simplest vaping systems of them all. Just puff away until the e-juice runs out and throw it away when you’re done. Naked100 offers a great disposable with many of their great flavors in an easy to use device. There are also many other brands often sold in gas stations and convenience stores everywhere. Blu ecig, NJOY, V2 Cigs, Zig Zag and countless others are widely available, and quality varies just as much.
- Box Mod and Separate Tank – these offer an experience closer to the sub-ohm craze that much of the vaping industry has been following recently. These systems include a battery holding power unit known as a mod or box mod. These are often offer wattage and temperature setting adjustments. These are the most advanced options for vaping and are generally better suited for experienced vapers. These can have removable batteries allowing for quick swapping of batteries when on the go without the need to plug in the device. The Atomizer tank is removable with replaceable coils. These coils allow to further fine tune the vaping experience with different resistances and coils structures available. Most MTL (Mouth-To-Lung) coils are high resistance allowing for a lower wattage. The tanks designed for use with high nicotine content Salt Nic E-Juice are often called Mouth to Lung tanks or MTL. This describes the method of inhaling the vapor and is the way most cigarette smokers smoke. MTL kits like the Wismec CB-60, the Wake Littlefoot 60, Smok Priv One Kit, Sigelei Compak F1. There are countless mods available to pair with many of the MTL tanks available. Tank examples are the Wake Mod Co Wake Sub-Ohm tank with MTL coils, Aspire Nautilus X & 2.
Looking back, we can summarize the benefits of salt nicotine e-liquids with easy devices, higher nicotine content, longer lasting e-liquids both on the shelf and in the device and giving an experience closer to that of a combustible cigarette.
- Simple easy to use devices. As described above, pod systems and disposable e-cigarettes are the easiest devices to use, simply charge the battery and insert the pod and puff away. Small kits that are no larger than the size of a long USB drive take up little space in pockets and purses.
- High nicotine concentrations. This helps with the way nicotine is absorbed by the body and gives a more cigarette like nicotine buzz. With higher nicotine levels means less frequent cravings and less time to vape, especially when you are not in vape friendly environments. This also leads to using less liquids, saving you more in the long run.
Ecig-City.com has all of your Salt Nicotine E-Liquids and Vaping Devices for you to try them out at the best prices online.